1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 14, in which Oregon sacrifices Rick Neuheisel at the altar

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Nov 29, 2011.

1. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Eye test. Okie State lost to Iowa State, and they still need to beat Oklahoma. (However, an Oklahoma win is not as impressive at this point in the season because the Sooners lost to Texas Tech and Baylor. That hurts OK State).

LSU, even if they lose to Georgia, still beat seven Top 25 teams, went undefeated in the SEC up until the conference championship, beat Alabama at Alabama. It's hard to imagine a team like Oklahoma State jumping LSU because of how Oklahoma has regressed and how well LSU's body of work looks.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Fort Worth's Gil LeBreton is the latest to invoke the plane crash as an excuse for OK State's loss to Iowa State. Puh-leeze. It's an interesting part of the narrative, but I refuse to believe college football players paid attention to or gave two shits about what happened to the women's basketball coach.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/11/27/3553898/alabama-blew-it-oklahoma-state.html?storylink=addthis

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

It ended in regulation with the Boise's missed field goal.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I can't fathom Alabama not getting in the title game at 11-1 with an overtime loss to LSU.

So if LSU beats Georgia, it's a no-brainer. LSU-Alabame rematch.

Now, if LSU loses to Georgia, I don't see how they deserve the title game (another BCS bowl is a different story). So if LSU loses, Oklahoma State, Va. tech or even Stanford has a case to line up against Alabama.

But if LSU wins, it's a no-brainer.

5. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Whoa, whoa.

If LSU loses to Georgia, it has a far superior resume compared to Alabama. Not even close.

* Head-to-head, LSU wins at Tuscaloosa.
    * Record vs. top 10 opponents: LSU 3-1 (assuming a loss to a Georgia team that, by beating LSU, would finish in the top 10, I assume), Alabama 1-1.
    * LSU's only loss would be to what would be (by Sunday) a Top 10 team on an 11-game winning streak playing an hour from campus. Alabama would have a HOME loss.

LSU's strength of schedule is better than Alabama's and will get better by playing Georgia.

It's not close. The only way LSU doesn't make it is if it gets beat like UCLA vs. USC. If Neuheisel's in the building in purple and gold, look out. Otherwise, they're fine.

6. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

If you can't fathom Alabama not getting in then how do you fathom LSU not getting in even with a loss since they beat Alabama.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Craig James is an idiot (but you already knew that):

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/11/29/craig-james-is-not-a-boise-state-broncos-fan/

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Good gravy, this stuff is so stupid. I've just gotten worn out arguing over this stupid system for so many years, I can't do it any more.

I can't be the only one.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Oh, come on. It's a little close. But yeah, as much as I'd like to say otherwise, LSU has a better resume than Alabama even if it loses.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

So, if LSU loses to Georgia, which would then be a top 10 team and have won 11 straight, it doesn't deserve to go to the title game, but Oklahoma State, which lost to Iowa State (6-5, 3-5), Virginia Tech, which lost 23-3 to a Clemson team barely hanging onto a top 25 place, or Stanford, which didn't win its division, let alone its conference, do?

Uh, OK.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Fuuuur suuuuuuure.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

[insert a million question marks here]

Draft saved Draft deleted