1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 14, in which Oregon sacrifices Rick Neuheisel at the altar

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Nov 29, 2011.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Isn't this not until 2018 or something? I thought I read that.

The Pac-10 didn't adopt a universal 8-game schedule until the latxe 1980s or early 1990s, I believe. It went to the complete round-robin in 2006.

And I do miss the old Pac-10 complete round-robin. Now everyhone has two skips; this year the Utards played five home league games and were the only team to miss both Oregon and Stanford. It definitely was an advantage.

2. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Spread started out as 7 1/2 and went up a day later. Now it's starting to drop.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

What's the line on the Oregon game?

I'm thinking the Cumberland University student body is thinking this might be the week...

4. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Well, they are both shams but at least the Bruins would have won the Pac-12 title game on the field, so a little less so.

But I think the Ducks will win by about 35.

Interesting that the one position that continually dogged Neuheisel at UCLA was his former position - quarterback.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

7 1/2 was the "opening line" from Las Vegas Sports Consultants. Nobody ever uses that, they just go through the formality of having it there for some regulatory reason (with a lot of graft and back-scratching mixed in), then each book posts its own line.

This link ...

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/michigan-state-@-wisconsin-madison.cfm/date/12-03-11/time/2015#J

shows that it went from 7 1/2 at 6:15 p.m. Sunday to 9 1/2 a half-hour later. That would be unheard of if the 7 1/2 was a real line.

6. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Aka The BCS

7. kickoff-time

Oregon by 31.5 and game is in Eugene.

8. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Two trains of thought there: 1. OU in 2003 was blown out and maybe, in retrospect, should not have made the BCS game because of it. 2. If OU gets beat by a ton and still goes, so should LSU.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

And very quietly, Lane Kiffin did a pretty damn good job this season.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Nebraska lost by 26 to Colorado, missed the Big 12 title game and still made the national title game over Colorado, which had two losses and was No. 3, and Oregon which had one loss, but was fourth in the BCS.

11. kickoff-time

Why would LSU be thinking of anything else than winning this game and winning it big? No chance the Tigers go into this game thinking they don't even have to win and they still get invited. Too many crazy things can happen with that thinking. Go out strong like Auburn did last year and in six weeks you play for the title against Bama again.

12. kickoff-time

Actually, despite being a bozo off the field, I think Lane Kiffin is a pretty good X's and O's coach.

Draft saved Draft deleted