1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football week 13 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 18, 2013.

1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I wouldn't put anything past Perkins. The story just fits too nicely into the Mizzou woe-is-me narrative to give it much credence without a little proof.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I wouldn't put anything past him either, but even if he did is it that big a deal. Isn't that pretty much how the bowl system has always worked. The BCS was created to make a national championship game, after that the rest of the bowls were just trying to put together good games against highly-ranked teams and make money. KU more than held up its end of the bargain in that case.

And Missouri fans always try to misrepresent the ticket scandal at KU. Kansas was robbed by mid to low-level employees. Money was stolen from the athletic department. KU was the victim of a crime and the criminals are in prison. Perkins made a shady deal to get personal exercise equipment. His ouster had nothing to do with tickets.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Navy QB Keenan Reynolds has six rushing touchdowns against San Jose State (including two in overtime).

He has attempted six passes.

ETA: Another rushing TD, for seven total. Most by a QB in FBS history.

Two of the overtime TDs were 25-yarders on the first play.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

That was a fun game last night. SJSU successfully pulled off the "let them score" move with 2+ left in the game. Clearly just let Reynolds run in for a TD, going down 8, then tied it up on a TD with 0 seconds left, hitting the ensuing 2-point conversion. Really was rooting for someone to roll the dice and go for 2 to win in OT.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

GameDay brought it today with features on Navy football and JFK and the Art Briles piece….whoa.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Upset conditions? There's enough snow in Boulder awaiting USC that outdoor pregame activities on adjoining fields have been canceled and Ralphie might not be allowed to run.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Duke has been a wonderful story this year, going 8-2 so far. But needing two wins to secure a spot in the ACC Championship Game, it remembered it was still Duke.

A fumble returned for a TD, a shanked punt and a questionable spot on fourth down and Wake Forest leads the Devils 14-0.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Iowa moving the ball well against Michigan, except ... FOUR turnovers. :mad:

Michigan's up 21-14 in the 3Q.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

How Minnesota (8-2) lost to either of those teams befuddles me.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

How Iowa is in this game with a -4 turnover margin befuddles me.

But they're knocking at the door again, still down a touchdown.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Because Michigan's offense sucks

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

3:50 to play in the third, and North Carolina leads Old Dominion 80-20.

Draft saved Draft deleted