1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football week 13 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 18, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Nah, they can still win Saturday and get Mizzoued by A) winning the SEC championship and still not making the BCS championship; or B) going 11-1, losing the SEC championship and getting passed over for the Sugar Bowl.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Hello, Outback Bowl.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Two of three ain't bad. Wisconsin failed to cover for, I believe, the first time all season. Okie State +260 on the moneyline more than made up for it, though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Re: Arizona's takedown of Oregon, the Washington victory in '92 was indeed bigger. The Huskies were defending national champs who hadn't lost a conference games in two years (a streak of 14 games). It put Arizona in the Rose Bowl driver's seat with two weeks left in the season.

But, in true 'Zona fashion, they followed that up by losing at USC (14-7) and at home to ASU (7-6). In short, Arizona is the Mizzou of the Pac-12.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Depending on what you got the Badgers at, a bad snap that lead to a missed FG might have cost you your bet on that one. It was the first time all season they didn't cover.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

How bad have things gotten for Florida? The Gators are assured of their first losing season since 1979, lost to a Division I-AA for the first time since 1946, and then this ...

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/11/24/5142104/florida-georgia-southern-upset

And someone wasted no time in making a video.

7. amraeder

That is hilarious.

8. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure how that can happen.

9. amraeder

I'm not sure, either. And, amazingly, it was still a fairly successful play, despite essentially going 9-on-11.

Draft saved Draft deleted