1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 13 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Marshall too, they're better than the Chants.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

sgreenwell and HanSenSE like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it wouldn't prove much, since the likes of Ohio State, Michigan State, Washington and Oklahoma each have been on the wrong side of semifinal massacres as well. ND, too, for that matter.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think Washington lost 24-7. It was 17-7 until at least midway through the fourth quarter. The Huskies were in no danger of winning, but it was not a massacre, by any means.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I know the wind gusts on record are 29 mph for the day, but what would it have taken to do that ? Looks physically impossible.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's like a localized hurricane gust. I've seen the wind knock down a lot of footballs, baseballs, golf balls, etc., in my day. But to just stop one in its tracks like that, and from pretty close in as well, where it has plenty of momentum coming off a strong leg (the same kicker hit a 51-yard field goal earlier in the game), you're right. It absolutely defies physics.
    There's a reason this ending is still remembered down here almost 40 years later. You could play a million games, and kick a million field goals, and never see that happen again. I'd love to see a Sports Science breakdown of this where they try to recreate it in a wind tunnel.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

AHAHAHA. Liberty is ranked below JMU, which hasn't played a game. Jerry Falwell is rolling in his grave and Jerry Falwell Jr. is rolling in Becky's gravel pit crying like a bitch.

10. Neutral Corner

I remember Alabama and Utah in the Sugar Bowl. 'Course the Tide was disappointed to be there, and they really weren't into the game.

I Should Coco likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"It's quite significant when nothing means what it's supposed to mean, then you get an idea of what a lot means ... reality is expanded." / I.H. Chanticleer

Draft saved Draft deleted