1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 13: Lane Kiffin, altar boy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Nov 20, 2012.

1. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

To be fair, who wasn't No. 2 in 2007?

2. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

The Huskies absolutely Dawged it. I'm lovin' it.
    Cougs did their best to give the game away with four turnovers (three inside their own 20). WAZZU was down 28-10 in the fourth but UW choked. Huskies should have won at end of regulation with a 35-yard FG kicked from the middle of the field, but it was way wide right.
    Kudos to Jeff Tuel for sticking it out through four years of injuries, losses and crappy lines. He had one play in the fourth where he should have been sacked for about a 15-yard loss. He escaped, threw a 20-yard pass for first down plus took an intentional helmet-to-helmet blow.

3. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

To me, that was the most hilarious play of the game. WAZZU lineman who picked it off tried running it back but he was the slowest guy on the field. Poor guy was running his guts out but got caught at the 5.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Five bowl slots left going into Saturday -- candidates are Baylor, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Michigan State, Purdue, UConn, Pitt, SMU, Rice, Missouri, Mississippi and Troy

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

These teams will give an appropriate display if they realize what's at stake is Christmas in Shreveport or some other godforsaken outpost.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Iowa needs to figure out what it wants to be. A boring team that tries to challenge for a Big Ten title once every decade or an exciting team that pulls a frequent upset. They cannot lose and be boring.

I will say this: Iowa State won't ever win the Big XII. But their games almost always have a high entertainment quotient.

7. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Not every football game on Thanksgiving weekend is two-hand touch, Georgia Tech.

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I'm so thankful the scroll on the bottom of the screen in Michigan-Ohio State has an "ABC" category. I wasn't aware that next week's Dancing With the Stars was a two-part finale; now I'll have to rearrange my schedule.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Some truly ferocious hits in the first half of this Ohio St/Mich game. Might be the hardest hitting game I've seen this year.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Well, Michigan has spoiled Ohio State's perfect season before.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Iron Bowl bitches!

Meanwhile, Georgia Tech will soon join UCLA and Colorado in the pantheon of conference championship slaughter bait. Good grief.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

They actually may earn that bid, though. Duke is hanging with Miami, and a Blue Devil victory would give the Yellow Jackets an honest ACC Coastal Division title, sanctions be damned.

It still seems strange to me Virginia Tech won't be going to the ACC title game. There have been seven ACC championship games, and the Hokies have played in five.

Draft saved Draft deleted