1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 13: Lane Kiffin, altar boy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Nov 20, 2012.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It's Floyd of Rosedale, Vers ... also known as the only meaningful thing Iowa's won this season:

[​IMG]

Of course, I'm not sure about this: Do they have a traveling Iron Bowl trophy? And if so, does it reference the death of trees? :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I knew Rosedale. My bad on a quick typo. And yes, but it's lame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foy-ODK_Sportsmanship_Award

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

My point exactly. The "Bucket game" is treated like a truly big deal in Indiana, IMMENSELY more so than the "Old Brass Spittoon" game is, yet it's virtually unknown nearly everywhere else.

Has to be leading that"greatest discrepancy" award race. No?

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dantin started most of last year, while rotating plenty with Owens. Dantin is a decent QB.

I'm *not* shocked they didn't cover the 19. It's very Toledo.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I know. He lost his job. That was my point.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

There are some interesting stakes in this Iowa-Nebraska game beyond the Big Ten Conference title game bid.

A Nebraska loss, particularly paired with a Michigan loss to Ohio State, opens up another spot in the top 14. That could be enough to screw Stanford, should the Cardinal not end up winning the Pac-12 Conference. It could help Clemson sneak in with a loss to South Carolina.

7. Songbird

Then your point needs to be amplified for clarification. The way you wrote it makes it sound like he rarely took a snap in his career.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

"after not playing much since the season opener"

I'm not writing a fucking feature on the guy.

9. Songbird

It's not a feel-good story then. Fifth-year senior came off the bench to continue doing what he once did with regularity -- throw for touchdowns. Big difference.

And slow down with the rage there.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The Egg Bowl is holding on line 1. At least no one mixes up Indiana and Purdue on air. Happens weekly for Ole Miss and State.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

No rage. Also no insinuation it was a feel-good story. Just a story.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

West Virginia and Wazzu both shut out their opponents in the first quarter. Mayans, etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted