1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 13, in which LSU and Arkansas put a boot in your ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Uh oh. The Boise State crowd jumps in here in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ...

2. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Not a Boise guy, but I was about to post something along those lines. Isn't that always the argument when Pac-12/spread teams (Boise/Utah/Hawaii) put up ridiculous numbers? They don't play any good defenses?

Like I said, Alabama may be good. I just don't know because I've only seen them against one decent offense and 11 below-average ones. I'm willing to give LSU the nod, because they've beat down Oregon, Arkansas, WVU, Alabama (oddly their offense is top 40).

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It's really not an argument I can win at this point, but I'm willing to wait until late April, when Dont'a Hightower, Courtney Upshaw, Josh Chapman, Dre Kirkpatrick, Dequan Menzie and Mark Barron are all drafted in the top 100.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Are you flying it?

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't know if the depth was there, I assume it was, but Miami had four defenders (and six players overall) drafted in the first round alone a few years back. I would be surprised if six players in the top 100 is historic.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Remain calm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just because.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Weren't those same guys there last year, and some other good players too, when a capable QB from Auburn dropped about 28 points in a half on them?

No doubt Alabama has great defenders. But it hasn't exactly faced many top offenses, either.

8. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I agree, PC. How does this compare with young boys being raped?
    In regards to the UO president, the reaction from both sides is hardly surprising. Lariviere is trying to get the UO more power academically and has given raises to faculty and staff in a time of budget cuts. Of course UO faculty/staff/alum will support him. At the same time, of course state education leaders and the governor will be outraged about a university president circumventing the process.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My point is about how an environment that allows something like what happened at Penn State is fostered - not the specific act being covered up.
    The main reason the guy is being ousted is he is pushing to reduce the amount of state oversight, dumping the Oregon State Police and having their own campus police department (answerable to the administration), and free themselves from some of the rules that govern state institutions (see the Mike Bellotti's tenure as Athletic Director). Throw in the curtain the athletic department has thrown around the football team and Chip Kelly and it makes you wonder. They seem to be intent on creating an atmosphere that made stuff that happened at Penn State possible. Everyone thought JoePa was trying to wall off "bad things" from infiltrating his program - maybe so - but those same things helped keep bad things inside it from getting out.

Draft saved Draft deleted