1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 13, in which LSU and Arkansas put a boot in your ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Nov 22, 2011.

1. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Even if Knile Davis makes his comeback, I don't see it for the Pigs. Their D just isn't good enough.

I do have this nagging suspicion that Alabama is going to struggle mightily with the Barn for absolutely no good reason.

2. king cranium maximus IV

Seeing how Georgia already has 9 wins...

3. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Typo. Should have read "9-5". Those pesky numbers on my phone are so dern close. If only I had a computer.

4. king cranium maximus IV

Fair enough.

I thought there were a few necessities to Richt cooling off his seat this year- 9 wins and beating Florida were the big two, with winning the East being another. He's accomplished all three. His ownership of Tech (9-1) is so thorough that I don't see the fans flipping out if Georgia loses on the Flats, and a loss in the SECCG would be fine as long as the team is competitive. Mid-high tier bowls are a toss-up, but Georgia generally does well against the middling Big 10 team they're paired with, so there's that.

In short, even if he loses out, the seat isn't hot. This is a young team with most everyone coming back. The defense has made massive strides- not Richt's area of expertise, of course, but he's still Todd Grantham's boss. The schedule will be more difficult next year, so we'll see. He's still made the SECCG four times since he started in Athens, more than any other school. (Though LSU will tie him by beating Arkansas.)

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I originally had targeted next year as the date when my Wahoos would start being competitive with the Hokies. They're a year ahead of schedule. I think UVa has a real chance on Saturday. The Hoos are appreciably better on both lines, IMHO, and held serve against a superior defense last week in FSU.

Now, of course, they have to face a better offense than what the Noles put out there. Wilson is dangerous on every touch and Thomas is the upper-middle-class version of Manuel. I don't expect him to miss on deep balls the way Manuel did, and that could have changed things in Tallahassee. But if the Hoos can run the ball and get to Thomas a few times, they can end the streak.

6. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

I don't think he's on any sort of "hot seat" right now, but realistically, how good can UGAly be when Murray is gone? Although Crowell and a plethora of WRs (Mitchell) will help any QB transition.

I agree he isn't on the verge of being fired, but next season must see much of the same (9-10 wins and beat UF again). Or people will be lighting small fires under his office chair.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I'm sure Jim Delaney is secretly rooting for the same thing. Plus, an MSU/Wisconsin rematch would be better ratings for the conference.

8. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Rematch? No rematches in CFB, sorry. It devalues the regular season.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Gee, yes, how ever will a college football program replace a quarterback? No one's ever had to do that before.

10. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

See Tennessee. Kthanksbye.

11. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

To elaborate, deskslave, I'm not saying they won't have a decent replacement. But Richt has been on the hot seat for a few years now. If the new QB can't be effective immediately it will help show the fluke this season actually was.

Although, most UGAly fans are aware this season is, by most accounts, a fluke.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is insane. People love car crashes and train wrecks, and Penn State would send ratings through the roof. Wisconsin wouldn't do jack for the simple fact that there are a lot more people in Pa. than Wis.

Draft saved Draft deleted