1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football week 12 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 11, 2013.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Division record, which Mizzou would win.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Aw, thanks. So South Carolina wins a two-way tie based on head-to-head, right?

3. JakeandElwood

Yes. This Auburn-Georgia game is huge for Mizzou.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't know how it'll happen but Mizzou will find a way to blow this.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Mizzou still has to play both Ole Miss and Texas A&M, so it wouldn't be a stretch for them to lose at least one of those games. In fact, I'd venture they have a better shot to win that three-way tiebreaker than to win out and win the division outright.

They got a HUGE break on the schedule, getting Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas A&M all at home and no games against Alabama, Auburn or LSU. So this is definitely their year to cash in if they can.

6. Armchair_QB

The MAC has lost it's damn mind. Ohio and Bowling Green are playing tonight and the game isn't on TV.

WTH would you do that?

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Fort some unfathomable reason I was watching Buffalo - Toledo.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

From looking at the MAC schedule, it appears they may have some sort of optional TV deal. Schedule two games at the same time and two weeks in advance, ESPN picks the one it wants. The ACC deal is similar, albeit not for weeknight games.

I noticed there are two MAC games tomorrow and again on the same night next week, etc.

But some of these smaller conferences have gone to outrageous lengths to brownnose ESPN when it comes to scheduling.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Of the 3 teams, which over/under will be higher?

Baylor v. Texas Tech (which they haven't set yet....I think it will be somewhere around 85-86)
    Baylor v. Texas A&M
    Texas A&M v. Texas Tech

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I exaggerated a bit earlier in the thread ... but with two standout QBs leading great offenses on Baylor and Texas A&M, I think you'd have an Arena Football-like score. Maybe a triple-digit O/U.

On the other hand, Baylor probably has the best defense of the three. Maybe it would be higher for Texas A&M v. Texas Tech.

11. JakeandElwood

The Mizzou thing to do would be to beat Ole Miss and then lose a heartbreaker to A&M making them 10-2 but only going to the Gator Bowl or whatever - not the Cotton - they would get after having a pretty damn good season.

Of course the other Mizzou thing to have happen would be to win out and get left out of the title game behind two unbeatens the year before a four team playoff is instituted.

12. Armchair_QB

I hadn't even considered that scenario.

The Mizzou Way would be to hold A&M to 17 points but lose 17-14 because they missed four field goals. Meanwhile, South Carolina is getting dumptrucked by Clemson that same day.

Carolina then gets dumptrucked even worse the following week by Alabama but the SEC office strongarms the Cotton Bowl into taking the Gamecocks because they won the division. Mizzou then falls to the Music City Bowl - because who the fuck wants Missouri in their bowl game - and they lose to Duke.

Draft saved Draft deleted