1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 12 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Good info to know.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Unleash the dogs of hell when both Mississippi State and Florida State lose on Saturday.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Hey, we'd still have one unbeaten team ... ;)

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Missouri's defense isn't going to give up close to 41 points against TAMU, the way Auburn's did. If Mauk finally gets a clue, a Missouri win is realistic.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Tech beats Duke

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

CFP Top 4 this week:

1. Mississippi State
    2. Oregon
    3. Florida State
    4. TCU

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Alabama 5
    Arizona State 6
    Baylor 7

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Flipping Oregon to No. 2 would guarantee both semifinals have an in-region team.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Do you have a running tally of how you've done this fall, ATS?
    I am curious, and maybe you don't keep an accurate number (not including, of course, the games you say "Blah" or "good game")
    It is damn tough to pick games straight up, and much, much tougher to find any consistency against the spread.
    An Auburn win over Ga. keeps the Iron Bowl interesting, BTW … but with what's happened so far in CFB, any team can lose big then come back and cover/win the next.
    Crazy season.

10. dooley_womack1

Baylor beat TCU. By what logic is TCU ranked above Baylor, especially with TCU being only a point better than West Virginia, the team Baylor lost to?

11. dooley_womack1

A hypothetical: Missouri wins out and is 10-2 facing an unbeaten Mississippi State, If Missouri wins that game, does it have an argument? The only Power 5 teams with one or no losses would probably be TCU or Baylor, Florida State and maybe Oregon and/or Ohio State...and the team that Missouri would have just beat to go to 11-2. Probably too big a hurdle, but it would be an interesting test of how much a conference title game, especially the SEC's, would be weighed.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

H2H comes into account with two similar resumes, apparently. I suppose the committee doesn't consider the resumes of Baylor and TCU all that similar.

Draft saved Draft deleted