1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 12: This won't be the first time Kenjon Barner burns trees

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Yes. To go one step further, Clemson is all-but a lock for the Fiesta Bowl.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Hell, hypothetically if Michigan beats Ohio State they could sneak in to a BCS bowl as an at-large if things break right.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I still can't understand how Stanford lost to Washington. They'd be guaranteed a spot against UCLA in the Pac-12 title game right now, top-5 and one USC over ND upset away from likely being in the title game -- if not for that loss to Washington.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Their QB was terrible. I guess they thought Hogan wasn't ready, but if he had played -- certainly if he played as calmly as he did Saturday -- they beat Washington and probably Notre Dame.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

LSUFreek is a national treasure.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

That might be a stretch. Michigan has lost every big game it's played so far (Alabama, Notre Dame, Nebraska) and I'm not holding out hope for it beating Ohio State, I don't think the Big Ten gets more than the one automatic BCS team this year. Would probably just get embarrassed anyway.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I don't disagree.

But everyone is throwing out scenarios.

Michigan is 19th. If they beat Ohio State, the teams in front of them to get to 14th are Rutgers, UCLA, Texas, Oregon State, Nebraska.

Rutgers can lose to Louisville. UCLA can lose to Stanford or in the Pac-10 title game. Texas can lose to either TCU or Kansas State. Oregon State can lose to Oregon. Nebraska can lose to Wisconsin in the Big 10 title game.

Those are five very real outcomes. It will probably be a moot point come Saturday. But it's not a hail mary prayer by any stretch.

And throw out the Nebraska game. Robinson missed the last two and a half quarters. If they had the QB they had now, they win that game and are probably the favorite to win the Big 10.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Michigan was barely eligible last year and stole the Sugar Bowl bid. Folks in New Orleans were very happy with their decision on that.

Draft saved Draft deleted