1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 12: This won't be the first time Kenjon Barner burns trees

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Take the over no matter what it is. Tech QB will be a Heisman candidate, maybe starting next season, but definitely by '14 -- the same year Utah State QB Chuckie Keeton will be a Heisman candidate. This will be a fun game.

Take the overs on GTech/Duke and WVU/Okie. Probably USC/UCLA too.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Is it a consensus that Manuel is better than Boyd in terms of ACC QBs? Without looking at the stats, I think I'd pick Boyd. He's got better skill players around him, for sure. So...who knows. I think I'd take Boyd, though.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Damn. It's 70 1/2. I hadn't been paying attention, but La Tech has 50+ in eight games this season. USU started slower but has 38+ four games in a row. That's looking real good.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You're right. Manuel is a better passer in my opinion, but Boyd's running puts him over the top. I write these things in 30 minutes; cut me some slack.

And Bradley Guire, that's a pretty strange straw man you've got there.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I'm nothing if not assanine.

6. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Well, of course I believe Alabama is the best, just like these damn Boise State fools believe they were the best in 2009. I laugh at them as you laugh at me. It's all in good fun.

Besides, you know 'Bama will go to the Sugar with a half-ass attitude and get beat like they did when Utah spanked 'em in '08.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The truth hurts, man. But a win by Iowa would be their fourth straight over Michigan, and make my season.

I know about the atmosphere at Camp Randall, but this line surprises me. Hard to see Ohio State losing this game.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Alabama's not the best. The defense took some huge blows and has some huge holes. The offense should be amazing next year but isn't quite there right now. The linebackers, starting with Nico Johnson but including the outside rush from Xzavier Dickson and Adrian Hubbard, has fallen way short. They miss Courtney Upshaw more than Trent Richardson. Alabama can beat anyone, but it's not the best team in the country. That title goes to Oregon probably.

None of these teams is great though.

9. JackReacher

Manuel is great, though. I could probably be convinced he's a better QB. That said, I hate them both. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

LSU Freek may be the Internet's greatest genius.

12. JackReacher

At least A.J. McCarron will go back to not throwing INTs this week.

Draft saved Draft deleted