1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 12, in which Les Miles reads Houston Nutt's will

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Nov 17, 2011.

1. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Alabama lost by 3 at home to LSU (by missing a sh*t-ton of FGs)
    Oregon lost by 20 (I call bulls*t on their TD with 0:07 left) on a neutral field.

So, if HFA is worth 3 points, Bama lost by 6.

Alabama deserves the shot if there must be one. Kthanksbye.

2. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

btm - Who does LSU lose to? Arkansas (no they are not in the BCS NCG) Georgia (possibly, but doubtful)

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Former Alabama and current Jets signal caller Greg McElroy said last week that he didn't think Alabama should play LSU again.
    He said he'd always been of the mindset that those types of games (the first one) were a winner take all and an end-all for any potential rematch.
    I'll buy into the mindset of a person close to the action and who's played such high-level games much sooner than I will any fan or sportswriter.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm sure you'll be able to find a former Alabama player who's in favor of such a matchup. Just a guess.

5. btm

btm Member

I don't see them losing to either, even Georgia would be the more likely suspect.

I think they could lose one and still get in.

6. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Could Southern Miss' 15 minutes in the spotlight be running out? Halftime score from the echo chamber that is Legion Field: UAB 24, USM 21.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The fix is in in Blacksburg. These refs are pathetic. There's going to be a baby blue mob surrounding John Swofford's house with torches tomorrow.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Also, the UNC kicker has a lob wedge where his kicking foot should be.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

My friend in Vegas only (Thank God!, he says) wagered 100 on the corrupt Gobbler group.
    He's down and out tonight.

10. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

11. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

I'm not sure that Georgia isn't better than Arkansas right now.

Funny thing about Georgia is they don't have to prove themselves against any of the West's Big Three until Atlanta (which, oh, by the way, is in Atlanta).

They definitely represent the best chance at a fly in the ointment.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Right. I would say Arkansas is slightly better than Georgia if only because Joe Adams is like a hurricane of tornadoes. But Georgia is more likely to top LSU because of the locations of the games. No one is staying within two scores of LSU in Baton Rouge, including (don't tell Coach Bryant I said this) Alabama.

Draft saved Draft deleted