1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 11 Thread: Ware oh Ware did LaVar Arrington go?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Re: College Football Week 11 Running Thread:

Somewhere in the 43-35 Oregon neighborhood.

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Because the college football postseason is so screwed up, a part of me is hoping for exactly the opposite. I wouldn't mind at all to see Penn State win out (even though I know the team isn't that good and it's probably looking for an 0-3 finish) and get a BCS bowl. I'd love to be in the room as those network executives talk about ways to promote THAT game. Talk about trying to put lipstick on a pig . . .

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Maryland will drive five miles down the beltway to play Notre Dame, but they're still three touchdown underdogs.

Head coach Randy Edsall says the team is winning, just not on the field. When asked where, he said he isn't telling.

In a related story, I'm banging Selma Hayek. Relentlessly. I wear her out. Just don't ask for proof that we hang out together. But I'm doing it. I promise.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Are people around the Beltway suddenly longing for this guy?

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Tom Osborne's trigger is slower than the Swede in "The Quick and the Dead," but damn if that wouldn't be entertaining. There's nothing like Husker Nation's gnashing of teeth and rending of garments to start a week.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Shocker. Virginia Tech's season comes down to its game with Georgia Tech again.
    Shocker. Per usual, I have no confidence in Virginia Tech to get it done, especially on the road.

Also, the triple option can eat a D.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

8. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Don't forget, everyone! The SEC East Championship plays out this weekend!

Noon: Florida @ South Carolina
    3:30: Auburn @ Georgia

My money's on Florida getting off the mat and beating Cocky something like 10-7. And Georgia squeaking by against the Barn.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Re: College Football Week 11 Running Thread:

Cowher has no reason to stick his nose into that cesspool. There isn't enough money.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And Miami, pending probation and all, suddenly looks like a pretty good job to Al Golden.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Houston scored 73 points in 2 1/2 quarters last night in a 73-17 beatdown of UAB.

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Come now, Chef. Tulane isn't so bad one could mistake it for UAB.

Draft saved Draft deleted