1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 11 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This week has been circled for quite a while.

Featured games include....

1. Alabama vs. 13. LSU (Saturday- 8 EST- CBS)
    3. Oregon @ 5. Stanford (Thursday- 9 EST-ESPN)
    10. Oklahoma @ 6. Baylor (Thursday- 7:30 EST- FOX 1)

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Two of the three biggest games being on Thursday takes a little steam out of the weekend, but at least they're not all on at the same time like we've had in some past weeks.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I see Oregon pummeling Stanford, by three touchdowns at least. Cardinal offense ranges from conservative to nonexistent.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The lines for the three big games:

Oklahoma (+14.5) at Baylor

Oregon (-10.5) at Stanford

LSU (+11.5) at Alabama

EDIT: To fix location of Oregon-Stanford.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Fixed.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'm not a bettor, but boy, that Oklahoma line seems a bit high.

Should be a much closer game than that.

7. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Speaking of three touchdowns, that's how much Oregon was favored by last year when the two played in Eugene.
    That said, I do think the Ducks will win Thursday. Stanford struggled with UW, a team Oregon pulled away from in the second half. Plus there is Stanford's loss to Utah. I'm thinking Oregon by 7 to 10 points.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No.

Oklahoma can't stop anyone.

56-35 Bears.

9. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Still have a hard time wrapping my head around the 180 authored by Art Briles at Baylor.

- 85 losses in their first 96 Big XII games.
    - 33 years since being ranked this high. Keep in mind before RGIII, the Bears hadn't been ranked at all in the AP since '93
    - 16 years (1995-2001) between a winning record in conference
    - 16 years (1994-2010) between bowl games
    - Among the worst facilities in all of major college football. The current AD, who arrived from UMass, said the Minutemen had better surroundings.

Baylor = the biggest turnaround in college football since...?

Certainly comparable to Oregon State under Riley and Dennis Erickson, or Northwestern under that douchebag who ruined Colorado.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

ESPN says the Nov. 16 Boise State at Wyoming game in Laramie will start at 8:15 p.m. local time. Should be lovely at 7,220 feet. Once again tail wags dog, and money trumps common sense.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I'm going to have to see how Baylor stacks up against someone decent before jumping on that bandwagon. I figure Baylor-Oklahoma is no more than a 10-point game either way.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Game is scheduled in Boise. But your point is still valid. Awful late start in potentially poor weather. I preferred the old days, where most games were played before the sun went down.

Draft saved Draft deleted