1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football week 10 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Cal should be able to recruit with anyone.

2. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I'd say WAZZU is improved compared to a year ago. If nothing else, the players are mentally stronger than a year ago when Leach made the zombie and other comments. At the start of the season, the Cougs were clearly better on the field than a year ago. Take away any of Halliday's picks in the opener and WAZZU likely would have beat Auburn. There's no way last year's team would have come close. Same with the win at USC.
    Since the Stanford blowout, however, the Cougs have gotten worse. Part of it is playing better teams, part of it is probably so many weeks without a break (first bye of the year was last week), but the team has looked a bit like last year's team in recent weeks (win over Cal notwithstanding). The defense that looked so stout early on is now being gashed regularly, on the ground and through the air alike. Offense sputters with regularity and the special teams unit is, um, special. Especially last night when ASU pulled off two fake punts rather easily.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Chris Fowler just called Virginia the "Cadavaliers."

I like it ...

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Awesome!

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like Purdue is going to be their kryptonite this year...

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Watching Syracuse and Wake Forest is making me admire the patience displayed by soccer fans. Scoreless game. 10 possessions, 10 punts, three first downs, seven penalties. Wake Forest lost its stud receiver to a separated shoulder. Syracuse's new QB can't hit the broad side of a barn.

A safety might win this.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Uh-oh.

Sounds like we have another case of plagiarism. Hope Fowler credited the person who coined the phrase during the Cleveland Cavaliers' woebegone NBA infancy. :D

8. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Every once in a while, I'm perfectly fine being 110%, wildly, bat sh*t crazy wrong......

9. amraeder

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never underestimate Purdue's incompetence."

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Old-fashioned defensive battle in Iowa City so far. Bucky ahead 7-6 at halftime.

Can't let somebody named Joel Stave beat you, Hawkeyes.

11. amraeder

Well he's had 1 good pass and about 15 horrible passes so far.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Then there's the Iowa backup QB, who throws one that clangs off an offensive lineman's helmet and is picked.

I think if someone watched this game, then immediately saw the Miami-Florida State game, it would seem like two different sports were being played.

Draft saved Draft deleted