1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football week 10 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

No one can compete with Tebow. He's the man.

2. doctorx

doctorx Member

And yet Alabama won 32-13

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

So which pack of Cougars scores the most tonight? Houston, Washington State or some other cougars?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My guess is not Washington State.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Uh, no.

They're getting waxed by Arizona State, which might score 80-plus points on the Cougs.

6. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I saw 11 guys in grey dressed as football players in the first half.
    At least they are trying to make it look respectable.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Arizona State has been rather restrained tonight.

8. DanOregon

I guess when the Cougs heard classes were cancelled today they figured Intercollegiate Football 101 was cancelled as well.

9. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

They are a good team. I think they will manhandle UCLA and play in the Pac-12 title game, though they have some tough games ahead.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I could see that happening and I wasn't trying to knock the Sun Devils. I just expected Wazzu's defense to put up even less resistance than they did.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Whoever said a few weeks ago that Wazzu was improved, I soundly disagree. They have made no progress under Mike Leach --- what a surprise!

I know it won't happen, but truth be told, Wazzu belongs in the Mountain West instead of the Pac-12.

12. DanOregon

I realize you need to sell tickets with a high-octane offense, but I think Cal also made a mistake hiring Dykes. Good coach, but you're not going to suddenly outscore the Oregons of the conference. Better to go caveman football, with a strong running game and keep your defense off the field. Wazzu and Cal won't be able to recruit the athlete's they'll need on defense to stop the better offenses in the league.

Draft saved Draft deleted