1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football week 10 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

FAU travels to Southern Miss on Nov. 16. Suddenly, it looks like the Golden Eagles --- who have lost 19 straight --- might just win one this year.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's all?

Bodie is gonna be PISSED.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Oregonian says another player has followed up with a similar letter, this one willing to use his name, and they're weighing whether to publish. Can't see why they wouldn't.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Some reports are saying Pelini admitted to smoking the pot, not just being at the party.

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Can't say I'm all that surprised. If Bo treats his siblings like he does his players, Carl shouldn't expect a warm welcome if he turns up in Lincoln again.

6. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Looks like Canzano put it up on his blog.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2013/10/canzano_blog_ex-duck_echos_fir.html#incart_river

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've seen that too. Makes you wonder how this would have played out if he was coaching in Colorado or Washington.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Jesus, the comments section on those is so predictably obnoxious.

As an alum it's obviously disappointing to read those letters. I moved away and haven't been to a game at Autzen since the early 90s. It certainly wasn't like that then -- bandwagon asshole fans aren't really a problem when a great year for the program is 7-4. I hope it's not really that bad now. My friends who have gone to the games pretty regularly haven't had those experiences.

Props to the second guy for putting his name on it -- although if he complaints really include people leaving a blowout in a torrential rain, he can stuff it.

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

You've seen Southern, so have I, and right now I'm not sure they could beat Jones Junior College.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

If any of this is true, he's a lock for the coaches Hall of Fame stupidity wing. Right alongside Mike Price and the hookers and Larry Estachy with college co-eds and the ex-Pittsburgh coach (can't recall the name) who got busted on a domestic violence charge a few years ago.

Doesn't even matter if it's legal in your state or not. If you're an authority figure and leader of college-aged students, you have to be above reproach. You are a representative of the university for Christ's sake. How embarrassing.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'll admit that when the story broke my first thought was it involved an inappropriate relationship with a coed or domestic violence. Never would have guessed this.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Alabama has been favored in 49 straight games. That's incredible. That streak will likely hit 54 through the SEC title game; 55 if they get to the BCS title game.

The last time Alabama was an underdog? Against Florida and Tim Tebow in the 2009 SEC title game.

Draft saved Draft deleted