1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

UMass doing it right after UConn is up there too. They jumped off the bridge because Johnny did it first.

2. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

I watched the kick again. The ball was on the left hash and the snap was straight back. Almost every NFL team and a lot of NCAA teams directional snap to the center of the field to take away the angle. I wonder if FSU considered this (obviously not).

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Teethbirds better put some points up before halftime or America is going to get a good night’s sleep before a four-day work week.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Screw 'em. I hope Loserville gets buried.

5. dixiehack

Fourth targeting ejection of the first half is not helping the watchability of a bad matchup.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

We are many years into this. Stop lowering and leading with the helmet. Just like the blindside block. Lead with your extended hands. It's not that difficult.

matt_garth and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  7. dixiehack

Ole Miss defenders seeking out contact is still a novelty. Evolution takes time.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

To my Nebraska in-laws, it’s very difficult. They still don’t understand that rule and piss-and-moan whenever Nebraska continues to get flagged for it over and over again.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

You lost me at Nebraska (despite our estate lawyer being from Nebraska)

10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I wonder. given the financial debacle UConn athletics is, if the early ouster of Edsall is part of a move back Division 1-AA. The absence of a conference television package make it financially suicidal for UConn to be a Division 1 independent.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I wonder if the CAA would have any interest in taking UConn back should they make such a move. That's the only FCS league that makes sense geographically, and there's some history there with the old Yankee Conference. After the AAC debacle, I can't see any other FBS league wanting to add them, even as an affiliate.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seems like the MAC would be a decent fit, they could develop a "rivalry" with Buffalo.

Draft saved Draft deleted