1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football, week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Aug 27, 2019.

1. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I liked the Rocky Mountain Shootout because generally speaking no one was that intense about who won or lost. Many of the spectators realize that the final score is not as important as getting high after the game.

MileHigh likes this.
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Oh, it couldn’t possibly be because CU doesn’t like playing a competitive contest against the ag school, is it?

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

They're just looking for reasons to get out of it. After next year, they play in 2023 in Boulder and 2024 in Fort Collins, then not again until 2030.

In 2021, Colorado is playing Northern Colorado, Texas A&M in Denver and Minnesota.
    In 2022, they've got TCU here and at Air Force and at Minnesota
    In 2025, it's at home with Georgia Tech and Missouri and at Houston.
    In 2026, they're at Georgia Tech and Northwestern and home with Houston.
    In 2027, it's home games with Colgate, Northwestern and Kansas State
    In 2028, it's at Florida and Kansas State and home with Massachusetts.
    And in 2029, Florida comes to Boulder with two other openings.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Mizzou done gone and Mizzou'ed. Fuckers.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I don't know how much I could blame Sandy Barbour or Franklin for the Idaho scheduling. They've gone from FBS bowl team to FCS cellar-dweller in the period of three seasons.

And the Vandals are going to jump at any paycheck they can get. If you're say, Villanova with the chance at a big year, you'd rather be the bully than the bullied on Week One. (Although Delaware is an upcoming PSU opponent.)

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

USC QB J.T. Daniels has a torn ACL and meniscus. Out for the season.

The guy who should be the backup, Jack Sears, came in fourth in the fall camp QB derby and entered the transfer portal. He is still in school, hopes to have a degree by December, but could come back at any time. He played the entire game against Arizona State last year and did pretty well.

The guy who finished second, Kedon Slovis, is a true freshman. He was coached in high school by Kurt Warner, who gave him huge props. He played the second half last night and did OK, but juggled two snaps -- one was costly, the other was not, but could have been a disaster.

No. 3 is Matt Fink. He entered the transfer portal after spring camp, but changed his mind and came back, citing the Matt Cassel analogy -- "I'll get a shot at the NFL just by being at USC even if I don't play."

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

BYU is opening as a 2-point favorite at Tennessee next week. Yikes.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I have a feeling a few of those games won’t be played. That is brutal.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Jalen Hurts is a great quarterback.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Unless they add another one before then, the 2029 game will be Florida's first non-conference, on-campus regular season game outside the state of Florida since 1991.

Donny in his element likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted