1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

This Canes fanboi looser sure as fuck hopes so.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Me too!

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Georgia State not exactly helping the Sun Belt's street cred right now, down 30-21 at the end of the third quarter to formerly DII Abilene Christian at home.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Only seen the 3rd Q, but man, GST has looked shitty in every phase of the game. Which, in fairness, they probably are.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I've been watching, sort of. This is the worst DI team I have ever seen. This is pathetic. I believe Abilene Christian is one year removed from DII.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Georgia State hasn't won since October, 2012. The Sun Belt may be for shit, but the Panthers probably aren't indicative of the overall quality of the league. U-La-La and Arkansas State might be pretty decent.

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I'm so starved for real football I'm actually OK with watching these two terrible teams.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Which is, of course, the exact reason this game is on right now.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

IT'S GOOD! Ugly...but good. Feel the excitement!

10. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

When the Cougs beat Rutgers tomorrow, it will mark the end of the annual Seattle game for WAZZU. As originally pitched, the idea was twofold: let Coug alum on the west side of the state (back when I was there, something like 90 percent of WAZZU students were along the I-5 corridor in Washington) watch a game without having to drive 300 miles over the mountains, and draw in big name schools who wouldn't go to Pullman because it wasn't big enough. I believe Ohio State was supposed to play once a few years ago, but paid to get out of it. Otherwise, the "big" names have included the likes of Nevada, Colorado (pre-Pac 12 Buffs), Grambling State, Idaho (????) and Hawaii. In recent years it's become a conference game, which in essence gave Oregon and Oregon State home field advantage since it was a much easier drive for their fans to travel to Seattle instead of Pullman.
    Good riddance.

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Tricky Ricky?

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Really, Idaho and WSU drove across Washington to play in Seattle? That's marketing genius.

And murphyc, I'm not sure which is the worse road team in this week's Big Ten-Pac-12 tilts: Rutgers or Cal. Cougs should roll this weekend.

Draft saved Draft deleted