1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Funny that you mention Utah State -- a guy just walked into the gallery wearing a Utah State hat.

"Is that a Utah State hat?" I asked.

He looked stunned. "You're the first person in a long time to ask if this is Utah State."

A Utah State hat in Vermont. I don't think I've ever seen a Utah State hat. I'm taking Utah State +6.

But I would've taken that anyway because of Chuckie.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I like your upset pick, Steak. Didn't South Alabama put a scare into the Vols last year in Knoxville, too?

Like your A&M pick, too. I may even throw down on that moneyline.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I didn't pick the Aggies. I'm actually kind of down on A&M this year.

Assuming Mike Davis is full-speed, I think the Gamecocks run it down their throat.

And yeah, Tennessee needed an end zone interception to hold off South Alabama last year.

4. Songbird

I added the jim-dashes and picks. Probably should've bolded them for emphasis.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ohhh. My bad. So I'm agreeing with Xan's A&M pick? Shit.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

And by Aggies, I meant Texas A&M.

The Utah State Aggies upset pick is mine.

Multiple Aggie confusion.

7. Songbird

C'mon, Sonner, make it an Aggie-Aggie double. Ten bucks'll get you twenty.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

5dimes has lines for the FBS-FCS games. Syracuse is a 14 1/2-point fave at home on the Cats, who have a really dangerous dual-threat quarterback on John Robertson. Thanks for the lines, Snake. Didn't have time to go through and get them all this morning.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Take the Bruins. To call the UVA O-line a train wreck would be an insult to train wrecks everywhere. The D is talented but prone to giving up the big play, which is a bad combination when you consider they're going to be on the field all day.

10. Songbird

Hundley's also going to have a monster season. He'll be one of the first QBs picked next year.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Has anyone actually ever said that?

12. Songbird

No, but they never get credit for scheduling -- and beating -- the very good schools and then are shredded for pretty much everything else.

Draft saved Draft deleted