1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 1: These Wolverines Lack Healing Factor

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

To run a geographic parallel, Gillette'll look like the Yale Bowl for any game other than Harvard or Princeton.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

We are one week away from Southeastern Conference football. Holy fuck.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Either Derek Dooley doesn't care about being fired or Da'Rick Rogers did something murdered someone in violation of team rules. The Tennessee wide receiver was suspended for the season today.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/aug/23/darick-rogers-suspended-indefinitely-violation-tea/

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

We're now two days from college football.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'll be rooting for Michigan, if only to "open up the board" for an interesting cfb season. Also be rooting for Wazzu.
    You know you are a college football fan when you already are trying to figure a way a Big East-MAC game will impact your Pac-12 team's path to the BCS.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

And he is now at Tenn. Tech.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Coached by Watson Brown.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

God, Saturday is going to be fucking ridiculous. Notre Dame vs. Navy at 9 a.m. EST. Games all goddamn day. A handful of late games, including Leach. I'm going to be a drunken, gambling fool on Saturday.

I need the lines, people. C'mon, Chef. You're slippin.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Kind of nice, actually. My game is 2 1/2 hours away so I can actually watch the entirety of the Irish-Middie matchup before heading south.

10. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Fuck. Me. First Murray State, now TTU. Chances of Jacko winning another shared OVC title and buying the team rings despite losing to both teams whom you tied with: 100 %

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

EKU is the best team in that league anyway.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

One thing I absolutely suck at is picking the right big-time underdogs on opening weekend. Who y'all got?

Bowling Green getting 29 against a Florida team that will alternate QBs in the first half?
    North Texas getting 43 against LSU because.....well...43?
    Tulane getting 20.5 at home against Rutgers?
    UTEP getting 31 at home against an Oklahoma team with no receivers?

Other than that, Vandy is a 6.5 dog at home on Thursday. Tempting.

Draft saved Draft deleted