1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 1: These Wolverines Lack Healing Factor

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

One of the many measures of Indiana football as afterthought. The opening schedule:

Sept. 1 vs. Indiana State
    Sept. 8 at UMass (in Foxboro)
    Sept. 15 vs. Ball State

One FCS program, one program that just moved up to FBS, and Ball State. And Indiana could well be 1-2 or 2-1 entering Big Ten play. By the way, I assume the UMass game in the Patriots' stadium, though with the crowd it will attract, I suspect it's better set in a city park or someone's back yard.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Well, it's more likely than Auburn beating Alabama was last year...

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

UMass is playing all of its home games at Gillette.

4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Okay, Bama by a field goal only because the first two were wide left. Should be Bama by 9, but you know ...

Realistically, as a Bama fan I've already penciled them in for a 15th NC. Might as well cancel the whole damn season. Roll Tide.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Roll Tide.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Seriously? 100 miles from campus? I hadn't realized there were 60,000 or so people between Providence and Brockton with an insatiable appetite for low-level FBS football.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dude, it's the MAC. It's like watching Arena Football on a 100-yard field. Who wouldn't pay to see that?

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Washington State at BYU, 10:15, ESPN: BYU probably will win this game, but Mike Leach is back, if that's the kind of thing you get excited for. Three-yard passes don't do much for me.

I am looking forward to this one.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Bob, it was the only way UMass could get into FBS. Home stadium isn't nearly big enough to meet requirements.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Thanks for the clarification. Still, I presume if you'd like a quiet place to read and ponder life, a UMass home game would be a good place to go.

11. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Me too. I feel confident in saying the Cougs will win.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

BYU should win 10 games this year. Riley Nelson might be the most underrated quarterback in the country.

Draft saved Draft deleted