1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 1: These Wolverines Lack Healing Factor

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Aug 18, 2012.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Nah, have not heard that. We shall see.

2. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

My opening-weekend viewing involves one of the top D3 matchups in the country: #2 Mt. Union at #13 Franklin. Of course, there are only two Div. III programs and everyone else is playing for a chance to get beat in the semifinals, but I'm looking forward to seeing at least one of those two live.

3. turski7

turski7 Member

Don't forget the hook or you run the danger of becoming the mush of this board. 47 1/2. Just lookin' out. Nothing's worse than the mush.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Dooley, nobody gives a fuck about your fantasy team.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think a two-loss SEC champion STILL makes it to the BCS championship this year if it comes to it. I just don't see two non-SEC teams having perfect seasons, and a two-loss SEC champ gets it over a one-loss anyone else (unless Michigan is one of them and has a win over Bama, and even then I don't know.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The Champaign News-Gazette's Bob Asmussen explains why he voted Michigan No. 1: http://annarbor.com/sports/um-football/bob-asmussen-only-writer-to-pick-michigan-no-1-in-ap-poll-defends-ballot/#.UDD0092PVck

7. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this game to get here. So glad to be covering CFB again this year. Honestly think North Dakota State will be the biggest test for CSU earlier (not saying the Rams will beat CU, but just think the Bison will be a better gauge of the season).

8. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Bama by a field goal. Roll Tide.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

A field goal? Might have to revoke your Tide fan license.

10. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

No way. Sure, likely over another two-loss team, but not a chance over a one-loss conference champ.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I would love to see Michigan beat Alabama.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would just love to see a non-SEC school win the title... I don't even care which one does...

Draft saved Draft deleted