1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 1 running thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Crash

Crash Active Member

It'd be pretty sweet to see Bobby Bowden actually, you know, coach.

2. I have an official man crush on Jacory Harris. He was great at Miami Northwestern when he led them to a national title. He's going to be the best quarterback in the country before his career is over

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Robert Loggia is a Mizzou guy.. which I think explains why KU is the only real university in the film, and why Ms. Ireland kicks said Beaker in the nutz.

I need to own that movie post haste.

"If this wasn't friggin astroturf, I'd dig a grave and bury myself." :)

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Does Bobby Bowden have any clue who won tonight?
    He seemed to be walking the sideline totally oblivious to anything that was going on.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

There are powers in the Big East and Big East powers... there is a difference...

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

How do you expect them to score points with that pathetic offense?

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

That defense wasn't anything to write home about either. Cincy basically did what they wanted to up and down the field for the most part.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He's been carrying "emeritus" following his title for at least 5+ years, now . . . it's all about him and JoePa . . .

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

hopefully this fsu-miami game will make the series relevant again. great game.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Watching that game I was convinced that UC had stolen Rutgers' signs or playbook. It looked like they knew exactly what the Knights were going to run before the ball was snapped.

11. Crash

Crash Active Member

I covered a Florida State game a few years ago in which Drew Weatherford threw two interceptions, one of which was pretty costly. After the game, in his presser, Bowden (with Weatherford right next to him) said that he thought Weatherford played a great game and gave his team a chance to win, especially with his accuracy and decision making. "You didn't even throw any interceptions tonight, did you Drew?"

Weatherford looked embarrassed and said, "I threw two, Coach."

It was at the point I knew Bowden wasn't even paying attention to the games anymore. And last night, whenever Ponder came off the field, he went straight to Fisher. I don't think the guy has a clue what's going on anymore.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The ACC has not been relevant in college football for a few years now.

Draft saved Draft deleted