1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football toughest's schedules -- Is Bruce Feldman joking?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Re: College football toughest schedules -- Is Bruce Feldman joking?

Thank you your holiness for posting this -- I don't have access to Insider.

What this tells me then is there's a HUGE disconnect between Feldman's column and the intro page. The intro page lead me to think schedule as a whole.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Yeah, I agree with you about the Kentucky point...I read a column last week where some guy said they might go to a bowl this year, by virtue of playing football powers like Texas State, Louisiana-Funroe and Vandy. Who cares that they'll get the shit kicked out of 'em by every decent SEC squad?

3. Re: College football toughest schedules -- Is Bruce Feldman joking?

Fuck Insider.  ESPN is starting to crack down on people sharing Insider accounts, and now they deleted the account my friend who gave me his password.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

How is playing a I-AA team give you one of the toughest skeds in the country?

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Get with the newspeak, man. There is no such thing as I-AA. You're either “Football Bowl Subdivision” of “Football Championship Subdivision.” Sheesh.

6. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Bruce Feldman is a massive tool. I wish I could have two days of my life back from when I read his hacky book about Miami football.

7. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I nominate Cincinnati. Their out-of-conference includes trips to Ohio State and Virginia Tech -- think their five opponents were a combined 41-18 last year, something like that. This is where aggressive scheduling is not that smart -- instead of getting the momentum of a six-win season and a bowl appearance to help with recruiting, they'll go like 4-8 with some real quality losses.

8. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Come on, Cincinnati plays in the Big East. They'd better schedule tough out of conference. They get their easy games in conference. Even when they go 3-2 OOC (I'll count Miami and E. Kentucky and Akron as wins) They still only need to win three games to go bowling. If you can't win three games in the big east, you don't deserve to go bowling. They are better off seeing a high level of competition and aspiring to be better than just trying to beat cream puffs.

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

......Yeah, and their quarterback(Dustin Grutza) sucks too.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Not this year.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

USC might have one of the toughest.

Full Pac-10 round-robin, with five road conference games (yes, UCLA game is in SoCal, but it's in Pasadena).

Non-league at Arkansas; home with Nebraska, and home with Notre Dame.

Sure Arkansas and Nebraska aren't what they used to be. But they're better than Utah or Rice, which somehow gets UCLA on the top 10 list (their other 10 opponents are the same, as both play ND).

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Right now, no game is an easy one for UC.

Draft saved Draft deleted