1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Thread: Warren Moon edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Jul 30, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Best ending no doubt, complete with the proposal, but the magnitude of the game wasn't there.

2. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Actually stopped watching that game when it was 28-10 Boise. Went mess around on the computer, then had to turn it back on when the ESPN ticker on my computer desktop said the score was tied at 28-28.

Got to see a pretty exciting finish, but after watching the replay of it later, it was a pretty sloppy game (lotsa turnovers, lotsa punts).

Of course, the ending saved it and puts it up there with some of the best. But like Dan said, other than a non-BCS team striking a blow for the little man, the magnitude of the game wasn't there.

3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Warren Moon edition? I thought we'd be discussing wife beating and drunk driving.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That'll be a good game to watch in 15 years, hell 10 years, but will there be a VCR left in the free world then? You might want to get that burned onto a DVD while you can.

5. dargan

dargan Active Member

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Magnitude was nowhere near the Texas-USC game, and so many people forgot about that game as soon as the underdogs beat big bad Oklahoma.

On another note, has anyone seen the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry special on HBO? I watched it last night. It was entertaining enough. But it got me so ready for football season I was almost running through walls in my apartment - mainly because it sickened me so much.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Ben Olson, UCLA's QB, breaks foot - out two months. Patrick Cowan, his backup, is already out with an injury. McLeod Bethel-Thompson warming up in the bullpen.

7. That guy was the only reason Notre Dame wasn't 0-10 with Duke coming to town last year.

8. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

Chris Myers was not ridiculed enough for spoiling the surprise of the proposal after that Fiesta Bowl. Every football season he should be publicly humiliated and banished to covering Pop Warner tryouts for his unthinking idiocy that night.

Otherwise, great game. Maybe the most enjoyable and astonishing finish I've seen.

9. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Jubilation turns to utter disgust . . . in 47 seconds.

That $@&%$@#! game began a six-year losing streak of watching my alma mater in person, one that mercifully ended last year.

This year, for the first time since Peyton Manning's freshman season, I will not be seeing a game in person. Of course, I should have boycotted Fulmer immediately after the 2001 SECCG debacle (aka Lulu and Junior Game).

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

We missed you in T-Town last year. :-*

12. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

I've been in Neyland twice. The above-mentioned game was the first time.
    was the second.

I consider myself awfully lucky, especially in light of games like, you know, last year's.

Draft saved Draft deleted