1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football stadiums

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by finishthehat, Jun 30, 2008.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Nebraska is a weird configuration. There's only 10 rows or so of upper deck to speak of (at least when I saw it), and the end zone seats are flat, wide and seem to extend out further than the field itself.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

And then there's Georgia Tech, home of the nation's oldest on-campus stadium, which got expanded to 60,000, was downsized to 46,- er, 41,000, then re-expanded to 55,000 and now has split crowds for big games.

I suppose the if you build it, they will come theory could be in play at Georgia, but I'm not convinced there is demand for another 10,000 seats. On the other hand, the ability to expand season-ticket capacity -- Georgia has 50,000 season ticket holders now and is to the point of having to refund donations for people who don't get them -- at some point will offset the possibility of thousands of empty seats for five of seven home games.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And it's still a sell out if the seats are sold.

Draft saved Draft deleted