1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Running Thread Week 6

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell, Cal kicked ass in their bye this week. I can't believe pinhead commentators (Mark May, Lou Holtz, Herby and Fowler) have all but written off USC's title chances. They are number 7 in the coaches poll. (ie, the one that matters) Beat Cal and they are at least 6 and anybody think BC, South Florida and Ohio State will run the table? And then you have Oklahoma and LSU with their conference championship games. It's not over men of Troy. Sucks to be Arizona this week.
    Of course, I have a theory that many of USC's votes came before the final gun sounded with a victory assumed. If so, and they fall further next week even with a win, disregard the above.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Sorry to keep adding to a thread from the weekend, but I hadn't noticed this in all the other assorted madness:

KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP) -- Andre Jones and Alphonso Owen combined on an 89-yard kick return on the game's final play, giving Akron a 39-38 victory over Western Michigan on Saturday night.

Western Michigan (2-4, 1-1 Mid-American) led 38-31 with 15 seconds left when Jamarko Simmons ran out of the end zone on a fourth-down designed safety, cutting the Broncos' lead to 38-33.

On the ensuing free kick, Owen grabbed the ball, headed toward the left sideline, then tossed it to Jones near the 25-yard line. Jones, who plays mostly at defensive back, followed a blocking wedge to the end zone for the winning score and his first career TD.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It sounds so much better in here already!

:D

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wanna bet $20 on the game, which will be played in eugene?

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

don't you live in, like oakland? don't you live in, like some crappy little apartment? don't you, like, not even own/rent a garage?

since it appears you, like grew up white trash, dude, that can never go away no matter how many bleach showers you take in your shitty little apartment in shithole, california.

so stop coming here and preaching shit to the rest of us. you live a silly little lie and you, better than anyone else, know it.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Tomas, you are my fucking hero. You just made my night/morning with that post.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

He is right that I'm not cool enough to hang at his party. However, my self-esteem is high enough that I don't need to surround myself with paid hangers-on.

And you have no clue where I live, HPV, and I'll take where I am over where you are any day of the week. I can afford a non-shitty place to live, my high heels, an extra several hundred to pay off bills and still have enough left over for some savings. I'm employed in my chosen profession at the largest paper in my state, one that wins plenty of awards and is a pretty damned good paper (if I do say so myself).

I even date real members of the opposite sex, and I don't have to pay them to go out with me.

I have a family that I adore, and nephews that I don't put on YouTube asking them what kind of underwear they wear so pedophiles can get their jollies.

I'm content with my life, JDV. Are you?

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ummm, what happened to trying not to get this thread locked?
    Take it to PMs, have a HAPPY Clorox Day and LETS BE CAREFUL OUT THERE.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Yet another nominee for POY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.