1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football running thread -- Week 2 -- Where are you now Tom Clements

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Sep 8, 2009.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Hawaii might get the win, but once the entire island of Oahu is infected by the swine flu H1N1 virus, Wazzu will have the last laugh.

2. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

John Feinstein absolutely blasted the ACC today in the Washington Post.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/07/AR2009090702031.html

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If someone stuck a pin in fat charlie I think he would blow out of stadium. He look more and more like the Michelin man every day.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I think Notre Dame kills Michigan this week. Not sure why.

5. Boom_70

On a scale of 1 to 15 what is your confidence factor ? ( with 15 being the highest)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Actually, Ryan, I think we might see a game similar to Miami-Florida State, relatively even and entertaining game between two currently far-from-elite programs.

7. Boom_70

Week and week out some of the most entertaining games are played in the WAC and Mountain West.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

--Georgia Tech is one of those teams people have doubts about. Beating Clemson would help dispel such, and I think the Jackets will do it by about 10 points.
    --I think Buffalo beats Pitt, which is always good for at least one flaky loss a year.
    --Fresno-Wisconsin should be close, tho I think Wiscy pulls it out.
    --Houston will give Okie State a helluva test before losing by single digits.
    --Michigan-Irish in the Who's Less of a Fraud Bowl. I really couldn't give a shit who wins.
    --Cal over Eastern Washington by about 60
    --I think Air Force will win at Minnesota.
    --Southern Cal in a rout

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Hmmmm....maybe a 9 or 10. Knowing very little about the experience for either team, it just looked like ND's defense was pretty scrappy and also pretty damn fast. And the offense....the receivers look damn good, and I think Clausen is gaining some big-time confidence. I do know that Michigan's QBs are what, all freshmen, right? I don't see them faring well.

If I were to pick a score, I'd say Notre Dame 30, Michigan 10.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

I don't think Notre Dame's defense is that fast. Michigan's got more speed than Notre Dame after watching that first game. I think Notre Dame's receivers will be the big factor in this game. Those guys are big, fast and have a solid QB throwing them the ball. In turn, UM's pass rush has to be there. I think the Wolverines should put more than 10 on the board though. Chad Henne went into South Bend and outplayed Brady Quinn his freshman year. No reason to think Forcier can't do the same against Clausen.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Heard at Bristol last night: "Hey, what the?"

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Better that than pages about point spreads, who bet on what and won/lost how much, etc.

(ducking for cover)

Draft saved Draft deleted