1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football running thread -- Week 2 -- Where are you now Tom Clements

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Sep 8, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I never get to start these.... And rooting for DickRod and Fat Boy Charlie is like choosing between jock itch and an under-the-skin zit that won't come to head.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Fat Charlie's troops will beat DickRod's by at least 21.

I'm saying something like 45-21.

And as an aside - in the "there are way too many channels" dept. -- right now on CBS College Sports Channel there is a game between Lou Holtz-era Notre Dame squad and an All Star team from Japan.......

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sad part is, I watched most of the first half...

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

notre dame will come down to earth and lose 18-14.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

How did Ichiro play? [/crossthread]

And something tells me that by the end of this month, I'll be as tired of Sam Bradford's shoulder as I was of Beanie Wells' toe at this time last year ...

6. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Who do people like between OSU and USC this week?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

usc is my team, but i'm going to say ohio state 42-40.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I want to believe that Ohio State showed "a little bit less" than they would have otherwise, given that they were playing a tricky Navy team with the triple-option -- and with USC coming to town next.

A big however...the Big Ten did not have many impressive wins on Saturday. Illinois was awful, Minnesota/Wisconsin/Ohio State/Iowa struggled with lesser programs.

I just think that they're slow.

Some say that USC could be in trouble with a true freshman at QB. I still believe Carroll wouldn't start him if he didn't have full confidence.

Big Ten burned me good last week -- you'd think I would learn. :)

Still, some great "value" out there this early in the week, especially for road teams. I, especially, look for "overreaction lines" -- where the number is an overreaction to what happened last week. (Iowa, Colorado and Minnesota all qualify).

Southern Cal -4.5 at OHIO STATE
    Iowa -7 at IOWA STATE
    Fresno State +9.5 at WISCONSIN
    Notre Dame -3 at MICHIGAN
    WAKE FOREST -2.5 vs. Stanford (mostly it's a 9 AM start for Stanford's players)
    Colorado -4 at TOLEDO
    WASHINGTON -21 vs. Idaho (Okay, UW, I'm sold on you to finally win...and win big)
    TEXAS EL-PASO +11 vs. Kansas. Started at 14 - still good value at 11.
    MINNESOTA -4 vs. Air Force. New stadium
    Vanderbilt +15 at LSU.
    H1N1 Special!! Hawaii -2 at WASH STATE. 2,000 Wazzu students have H1N1. Take advantage!

For entertainment purposes only.

Went 4-5 last week. Damn Seminoles. Damn Big Ten (0-3). :)

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So the college football threads are going to have silly titles like the baseball threads?

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Is there a problem with that?

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

As payback for having to sustain years of shit-talking from a specific Bowling Green fan and SportsJournalists.com member, I hope Missouri kicks the shit out of the Falcons this weekend.

12. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Haha. Yea I think Mizzou might take out a few years of frustration on BG. Though I think it could end up a good game. BG's defense looked great against Troy.

Draft saved Draft deleted