1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Preview Swap 2007 - the return

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Jim_Carty, Aug 10, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I just did today. I had to make sure I could get enough extra copies.

2. sportschick

My stack was sitting on my desk this afternoon waiting for me to mail them.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Ours doesn't come out for another week or so.

4. sportschick

Ours comes out Sunday, but it's in my hot little hand now :D

5. sportschick

Also, what's the address to send these to?

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'd really love to see some Southwest/West representation on this list, too. What say you, folks?

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It's a shame Luke Knox or Rob Schneider don't post here, as far as I know. I'd love to see what the DMN and Arizona Republic are doing.

8. sportschick

Rather sad that I'm the only Westerner doing this. Course most papers out here have phased them out due to "inability to sell ads"

And Rob used to post here. Not sure if he's still around or not.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Inability to sell ads? We've got about 90 ad inches for 24 broadsheet and 44 tabloid pages.

10. sportschick

It's in quotes for a reason. In reality, it's that ad reps are too lazy to sell ads, esp. in football states. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

11. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

Ditto on Schneider, Good Doctor. I'd love to see what he's cooked up. Along with the Cleveland Plain Dealer - best overall newspaper design crew in the country IMO - with Cleveland-area prep football coverage to play with? Oh my.

Also, to anyone who hasn't been to this kick-ass site for designers: http://www.newspagedesigner.com/

Top designers from all over the world often upload their best covers, special section fronts and key pages here on a regular basis (including stuff by DMN, Plain Dealer, Brian Gross, et al).

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I want to propose a contest - no not a Seinfeld contest. I'd win that.

With Jim's permission, I'd like to invite two board members whose opinions and experience I trust to give us a 1-2-3 when they've seen the sections. Yes, we have a variety of circulation sizes in there. I trust these folks to weigh it all in and tell us what sections they think did the best job with the resources they have available.

Draft saved Draft deleted