1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Probably a story to be written 7-8 years later ...

1, Mizzou
    2, Kansas

... Mizzou's a very good SEC program and Kansas is a dreg again.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

It's pretty simple. Both teams had coaches who were ideal fits for the program they led. Mizzou stuck with Pinkel through scandals and a mediocre season or two. KU threw Mangino to the wolves at the first hint of both then made two god awful hires after that.

I think KU finally made a solid choice with Beaty, but it's going to take time just to get back to respectability. This year could be historically bad.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I've posted this advice before, but it's one of the few gambling trends I've picked up on that always seems to pay off.

Since the start of the 2011 season, Alabama has played 11 home games against non-power conference teams and been favored by at least 39 points in each one. The Tide is 1-9-1 against the spread in those games, has lost or pushed the last 10, and the one cover was a 48-7 win over Kent State in which Alabama was favored by 39.
    All-time under Saban, Alabama is 4-11-1 ATS when favored by 30 or more at home against non-power teams. The last easy cover it had was in 2010 (63-7 vs. Georgia State, favored by 44).

Alabama plays two non-Power 5 teams at home this year — Middle Tennessee (Sept. 12) and Louisiana-Monroe (Sept. 26).
    So keep an eye on those two lines when game week rolls around. If you can get a spread over 40 (I think particularly for Middle Tennessee, which is not an awful team), jump on it.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

After they shoplifted from the school bookstore at a time it was only open to ... wait for it ... the football team.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I like where your head's at.

6. JackReacher

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It's apparently against NCAA rules for coaches to reduce financial aid anyway, so Foster and Tuberville were essentially talking out of their asses.

Wouldn't be the first time for Tuberville. Not sure about Foster.

8. JackReacher

Good. I mean, I don't have a problem with them doing it. But before they do, they'd better start paying them what they're worth. And we all know that's not going to happen.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Does Butt Foster and his dopey prison pussy get fined for putting together a defensive strategy that once again can't stop Pitt?

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Two classes equal 13.5 yards of field position.

Draft saved Draft deleted