1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Jun 11, 2018.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

They have a perfectly entertaining and competitive. Way more competitive than the Alabama, Georgia and the 12 dwarfs football conference but not many east coasters outside of me will stay up until 2:30 a.m. Sunday morning to take it all in.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

"But I'm not out there recruiting, and I have no idea how to recruit football players."

Yeah, well, shut the fuck up then.

5. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

This is how you hire a "recruiter" and the program goes to shit

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I think that link said OK State's most recent class was 32nd nationally. Sounds pretty good to me for a place in the middle of nowhere sandwiched between relevant brand names and historical powers OU and Texas.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It's a case of someone thinking they are better than they are as a school and a program, and not realizing what they have with a pretty good thing already in place

8. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Having classes most ranked inside of 35th is good considering their recruiting base. I would just guess the majority of OSU's classes are from Texas, Oklahoma and the Kansas JUCOs. Gundy has enough of a reputation with quarterbacks that he could probably compete for top quarterbacks but outside of that, it's going to be tough to pull the tippy top kids from Texas to Stillwater and there isn't enough inventory in Oklahoma to put together a roster.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The sad thing about the critique is that the past two years they have improved in the composite rankings, going from 45 to 38 to 33 for the Class of 2018.

10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

If Gundy, or the potential new coach, manages to bring in substantially higher ranked recruiting classes to Stillwater how long will it take for the NCAA to investigate and put them on probation?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Won't happen. The NCAA is tired of enforcement. The reason we know that is that colleges are hiring coaches whose programs were named in the FBI sting.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Depends on how often they beat Texas and Oklahoma.

Draft saved Draft deleted