1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Jun 11, 2018.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I’m about tired of his hardass routine too.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"Do you understand the infrastructure we've had to set up, the people we've had to pay off to get these five-star defensive tackles to sit on the bench and not complain until the guy in front of him has his knee shredded up? Do you?"

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Guess the rough edges of a 66-year-old man aren't softening so much.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He has 85 players on scholarship, most of them four and five-star talent. They, along with a handful of other schools, are notorious for over recruiting in order to run off existing players who haven't panned out in exchange for younger talent with more potential. And I don't even need to get into the "infrastructure" they have in place to "entice" recruits. They may not shit 'em, but there's a pile that got there somehow.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Those might be the ugliest uniforms I've ever seen. But, that's the kind of chickenshit, look-at-me stuff you do when your program doesn't have much of a national profile and you're fighting for exposure.

Batman likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

7. tapintoamerica

Urban skates.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Heh heh ... there are two schools in Orange County, N.C. - home of UNC's campus - that isn't fielding varsity football this season. Another, East Chapel Hill High, did not field varsity football last season.

Guess the country's downfall starts in Larry Fedora's backyard.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

OK ... who is really surprised?

A winning percentage of .900-plus got him the pass. Otherwise, it's the easiest excuse to can him with cause and use the scratch to lure the next sucker to Columbus.

10. tapintoamerica

I'm not surprised. As soon as they said they were no longer holding to the two-week timetable for their "investigation," the resolution was pretty obvious.
    This is going to drive Clay Travis insane, by the way.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

How do you not cut his salary? Remove the bonuses from his contract for a year or just cut them all in half. It's pretty clear he wasn't a good steward of the program. And another thing, you suspend him for two games I think this all goes away. Now, maybe a few more reporters might wonder what else he hasn't been keeping an eye on.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Those are some of the worst uniforms Ive ever seen.
    That is one of the coolest helmets Ive ever seen.

Draft saved Draft deleted