1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football, Nov. 18 weekend, non-OSU/Mich division

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DisembodiedOwlHead, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

We might never agree on politics, but I do agree with you on this.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Bitter Kansas fanboy ::)

:)

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Fixed that for you, Chuck

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not sure what I'm bitter about ... Jayhawks beat Kansas State and became bowl eligible, which made my day (along with Mizzou's loss). And this was only my second Saturday off this season, and the game I wanted to see -- like everyone else -- actually matched up with the hype. Great game in all respects.

I just don't want to see a rematch. They're almost always blowouts, like old man spnited says.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Dude, I should have been more clear.
    I was referring more to how every win seemed to be the biggest in school history. What have these teams done historically? Obviously not much if beating a top 10 team is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    I've loved watching Rutgers play this year; same goes for Louisville 99 percent of the time.
    And yes, while most people would say the SEC is going to compete for best conference year after year, I personally find SEC football a little boring most of the time. The atmospheres are often better than the games itself. Now, if Leach and or June Jones ever come to the SEC, I might change my mind.

6. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I think we ought to vote Florida State into the ACC championship game and, if possible, into the BCS.

After all, they obviously have the most talent since they always get the highly rated recruiting classes. History tells me they have a Hall of Fame coach who clearly knows how to win. Tradition? Check.

And most importantly, there's no other sport that likes to deliver the "Fuck you" to Cinderella quite like I-A football.

Now excuse me while I go kick Jim Larranaga in the testicles. Don't laugh, Valvano, you're next.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Um, I don't know if you know this, but I could care less about how competitive the rematch would be :). If Michigan wins 30-12(hypothetically speaking) in a rematch and you change the channel around the 3rd quarter, quite frankly, I don't care :).

8. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Every other year I go to Harvard-Yale at the Yale Bowl. Today I went to Harvard Stadium for the first time.

Awesome, awesome atmosphere. From the bands, to the white handkerchiefs, to the paper airplanes, to the tradition, it was a great day all around.

I only wish the Ivy League got more out of it than a measly regular-season title (or, in this case, a shared title).

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Then you're arguing from a fanboy looser standpoint; so why should any of us be listening to you?

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Nah ... I vote Wake Forest. Just to piss off all those who say the ACC is down, isn't worth crap and was eagerly awaiting the Deacons' fall on Saturday against Virginia Tech. The Florida schools could be flushed down the Okefenokee Swamp and I wouldn't be able to care less.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Princeton 27, Dartmouth 17. God, Dartmouth sucks.

And hey, Columbia beat Brown! Go Lions!

12. Chuck~Taylor

*Knocks over glass of water and runs* [chappelle/blackbush]

Draft saved Draft deleted