1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football, Nov. 18 weekend, non-OSU/Mich division

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DisembodiedOwlHead, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I can understand that. He'll get things straightened out in Boulder if the admistration wants to make the off-field issues a priority. Colorado's process was likely to involves taking three steps back to take four forward.

Cool. Boise State's still unbeaten ... probably the Utah of Urban's last year there, i.e., not playing for a national title but should not be locked out of the BCS altogether. Now for Rutgers to stay the course so those lousy a_sholes running the BCS either have to put them in against Ohio State or be publicly flogged ...

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think Buffalo-UW was 38.5 or thereabouts, so the Bulls covered.

Don't think they do lines on IA vs. I-AA games

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wait, ESPN Saturday Night football pitting Rutgers v. Cincinnati?! Was this game scheduled for this time slot the whole season, or did they move it to primetime because of Rutgers' rise to prominance? Great timing for Rutgers, but it sure seems to be a strange game for Saturday Night on ESPN.

Rutgers-Cincinnati?

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Did you say the same thing about Auburn earlier in the season?

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just because I didn't see this posted earlier ... Kansas 39, Kansas State 20. Jayhawks are now bowl-eligible. :D

Remember how well Freeman looked last week against Texas? This week, Freeman lost three fumbles and threw three picks against a pass defense that ranks No. 117 in the country.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

17-0 bearcats

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that clear out a lot of questions with respect to the BCS.

EDIT -- First play after a pick, Cal stuffs USC for a safety, so it's 3-2 Trojans.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And Wake is proceeding to shit the bed against Tech.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Seriously, no one has any thoughts on Shula debating going for it on 4th-and-15 with two timeouts and more than 5 minutes left before bringing the field goal team on at the last minute and having to burn a timeout when they couldn't get it off in time and then going for it and failing?

That was a run-on sentence, but wow. Just wow. And then CBS put the camera on Shula, who looked like he had no idea what had just happened.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Personally, I thought the decision to chase points with the two-point attempt in the second quarter was worse. If you're going to try and take advantage of the penalty, run the ball from that close, don't pass it. I kind of understand wanting to take advantage there, but I never like chasing points before you have to.

As it is, they miss there, then miss on another two-point try after the next touchdown. So rather than being down 22-17 and having the field goal being a no-brainer -- another field goal would win it with a make there -- he goes for it because they need the touchdown at some point.

No matter how you look at it, poor coaching all game. I can see why dixiehack is so jaded about Shula now.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Cincy 17, Rutgers 3, mid-third quarter.
    Va. Tech 24, Wake Forest 6, fourth quarter.

Looks like the Rutgers/Big East posturing and the Wake Forest hysteria is gone now. However, Wake still wins the ACC Atlantic and gets into the ACC championship game against Ga. Tech by beating Maryland next week, no matter what BC does Thursday against Miami.

Draft saved Draft deleted