1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Hall - worth the trip?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Max Mercy, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Max Mercy

Max Mercy Member

I'm gonna be in the wilds of Northern Indiana next week. Is the College Football Hall of Fame worthwhile? I'm sure it's no Cooperstown, but is it decent?
  2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yes - if you are a college football fan it's well worth it. Just seeing the 10 minute show in stadium theatre is worth it. It will leave you wanting to run out of tunnel and play a game.

Added benifit is you can also go over to ND which is very close to HOF.
  3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

If you're a college football fan, definitely go. I've been several times and it's never gotten old.
  4. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

Is there a Where In The World Is Nick Saban exhibit?
  5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

No, but the video game will be available soon.
  6. pallister

pallister Guest

Eh, it was all right. But I'm more of an NFL fan. Plus, I twisted my knee prety good kicking field goals at the FG simulation station.
  7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

My cousin had his wedding reception at the Hall. There is a picture of me kicking a field goal. Ball is flying in one direction, high heeled shoe flying in another...
  8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

If you've got an hour or so to blow, go for it. I think it's like $10 to get in. It's OK. Nothing earthshattering.

Boom's addendum that it's close to ND is spot-on. I'd highly suggest walking the campus if you haven't before.
  9. pallister

pallister Guest

I'll third the ND campus. Worth the walk.
  10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I've been to the old hall and the new one, and the new one in SOuth Bend is definitely much more better. Worth the trip. It's not going to leave you with a sense of WOW, but is pretty cool...
    And God yes, walk around ND. Be sure to hit the Grotto -- near dusk if possible.
Draft saved Draft deleted