1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football coaching carousel 2016

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 25, 2016.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I honestly think Ed Orgeron wouldn't be bad for this, but they'd never pull the trigger. They need a guy who can recruit, and Orgeron absolutely loves recruiting. If he's truly changed as a person and as a head coach, here's his chance to show it. If he wins, he's a hero. If he doesn't it won't destroy him because it's fucking Purdue and Jesus Christ would go 7-5 at best there.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Could you imagine if Leach ended up in Austin?

exmediahack likes this.
  3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

He will never work in the Big 12 again.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Leach is probably at the one P-5 place that will have him. Presidents and Board members aren't really big on football coaches who are (1) smarter than them (2) will sue your ass to prove it.

5. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

My gut feeling is Les Miles is done coaching. He's sunk roots in BR, and for some strange reason seems to like it there. And it's not like they hate his guts down there. They hated that he quit winning big, but he's still generally well-liked in Louisiana. He'll be 63 in a few weeks, and he's set financially for some time to come. Plus, he's glib enough to get a TV gig and be pretty good at it for a fraction of the stress that a second-level coaching job would entail.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I heard rumors that there was some mutual interest between him and Kansas after the Turner Gill debacle. I don't know how serious it ever got.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Boosters wanted him, but he's essentially black listed in the Big 12 after suing a member school.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Wonder if Tuberville at Cincinnati also raises hackles w/r/t inviting them into the league after the way he left Lubbock?

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I would buy this, particularly at either USC or back at Oregon.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He's a perfect fit for Purdue...

11. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Why not Chip Kelly to Texas? Yeah, I get the Pac-12 interest probably being mutual. But why not Texas?

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

If a guy like Tuberville has enough power or notoriety to alter any potential conference realignment, he would be getting more than he is.

Draft saved Draft deleted