1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football championship week thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

With Northern Illinois apparently out of the BCS picture, they'll have at least two, and maybe three, teams with two losses (unless Michigan State upsets Ohio State). Oregon strikes me as the best of the two-loss teams. Their schedule was a little better than Clemson's or Baylor's and they had a better win (UCLA) than either the Tigers or the Bears.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Maybe, but then it gets tricky. The ACC just signed a 12 year deal to put the champ in the Orange Bowl starting next season. I just can't see the Orange Bowl snubbing Clemson two weeks after signing a long term deal with the conference.

That probably leaves the Sugar Bowl, and I think they'll see Baylor as more attractive regionally.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know the weather sucks in Dallas and Houston, combined temp 62 degrees - but these crowds at SMU and Rice home games are sad.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

SMU and Rice are both pretty small private schools with smaller student/alumni bases. I think Rice is about 3,000 students. Playing in a 70,000-seat stadium has always been ridiculous for them. It would be interesting to see what sort of support they got if they ever got really good.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Damnit, Stoops. 4th-and-4 from the 36? That's PERFECT go for it territory!

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Stoops is such a bitch. No one does less with more than this guy. Total pucker job.

7. DanOregon

Band nerds,

Why don't lips freeze to tubas and trumpets and flutes when these games are being played in below 32 degree temps?

8. DanOregon

well, that happened.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I don't much care for Stoops but you might have been a little quick on that call.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Well, that was entertaining.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

yeah, amazing what happens when you let your playmaker QB make plays instead of playing not to lose like they did on the next-to-last drive.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Well, Oklahoma State, that was lovely. Enjoy the Alamo Bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted