1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football championship week thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 5, 2013.

1. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

This is pretty interesting:

Jeff Sagarin had Northern Illinois ranked #49 in his formula that takes margin of victory into consideration. In his rankings that the BCS uses, which do not take into consideration anything other than W-L, NIU was ranked #2 going into this week. If you read in between the lines, Sagarin basically says the formula that the BCS utilizes is crap.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Claire can't afford cable?

I live 2,000 miles away and I'm pretty sure I was able to see every SEC game.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That's not the point. The point is CBS shows the conference's marquee games and not once was division champion Missouri on one of those.

4. LongTimeListener

And my point is, so what? The games are all on. Worrying if they're network is old world and has nothing to do with today.

There isn't one Mizzou game that should have made the cut with the possible exception of South Carolina.

5. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Yeah, a lot of it had to do with Mizzou stumbling into the all time dream SEC conference schedule.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Add Fresno (-3.5) and UCF (-14) to that.

edit to correct UCF line.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Okie State with a 75-yard TD on the first play vs. Oklahoma ... called back by holding.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was liking Mizzou today - but I tend to bet against teams that feel disrespected before playing in a championship game.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The team, their fans, the dozens of prominent sportswriters who went to Mizzou, it's been a "no one believed in us"-fest for weeks now ..

10. LongTimeListener

Probably related to the overlap with Cardinals fans (of which I am NOT one) ... you hear the same thing every October, about how badly the Cardinals are being disrespected.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Well, the people who made the schedule thought global warming would last forever. Season's gone too long. So it serves them right that they have to freeze their little butts off in places like Stillwater and Dallas and Waco today.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I don't see any way Oregon gets into a BCS bowl, but they'll get into the Alamo Bowl before ASU. Stanford would be a toss-up.

Draft saved Draft deleted