1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football championship week thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 5, 2013.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Jordan Lynch showing why he'll be a tight end or offensive lineman in the NFL ... when Northern Illinois has to throw, they can't.

Of course, he's not the guy leaving Bowling Green tight ends and receivers wide open all night.

Way to piss away $13 million, Huskies.

2. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

After all these years, it's amazing people still make this assumption/mistake...

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Oregon's not going anywhere but San Diego for the Holiday Bowl. Stanford/ASU to the Rose/Alamo (or vice-versa).

FSU vs. OSU for the title.

Stanford/ASU vs. Michigan State in the Rose
    Central Florida-Baylor in the Fiesta
    Clemson-Alabama in the Orange
    Auburn/Mizzou vs. Oklahoma State in the Sugar

4. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

It would be pretty funny if UCF lost tomorrow and Texas won the Big XII.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

So you're picking Oklahoma to win at Oklahoma State? That's the only scenario that puts Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl ...

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm re-watching the Iron Bowl. I realize now, the Bama kicker just has horrible mechanics. He kicked the same as he did on his misses as he did on his made PATs.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

UCF is going to a BCS game regardless of what happens tomorrow.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

With apologies to Larry Munson, you think there will be some property damaged in Fresno tonight if the Bulldogs beat Utah State for the MW crown?

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

All the oblivious Aubbies will know who's in the frackin' league, late Saturday night, as they drink more and more, in an effort to ease the pain. #we'llalwayshaveBama

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Sen. Claire McCaskill calls out CBS:

Claire McCaskill ‏@clairecmc
    For the 1st time in 13 years a team in the championship was NEVER carried by CBS (has SEC contract) during reg season. #Mizzou #time4respect

11. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I know. I said that because I think it would be funny to see a potentially unranked UCF team vs. a Texas team ranked in the 20s.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

NIU netted $250k after their last trip to the Orange Bowl. And that was after the MAC bought the remaining tickets and paid their for most of their expenses. They sold about 3,100 tickets on their own.

Draft saved Draft deleted