1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football championship week thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 5, 2013.

1. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I definitely prefer this to the Cougs not going bowling, as has been the case the last 10 years since that wonderful night in San Diego.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Oregon suspends Pharoh Brown for their bowl game. Pharoh? Does he have an Uncle Adolph or a cousin Pontius?

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I still have the sweatshirt from that one. Had been thinking/hoping it might become a collector's item as a momento of the Cougars' last bowl game ever.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

He has a bastard cousin named Pharoh Cooper, who threw a TD pass out of the wildcat for South Carolina in a win over Clemson last month.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Pharaoh has apologized

Brown has apologized, in a UO press release.

"I was one of the many UO students involved in the snowball fight on Friday and my actions escalated to an inappropriate level and for that, I sincerely apologize,” Brown said. “We never should have engaged innocent people and I deeply regret my actions and will accept the consequences.”

In the press release, Assistant Athletic Director Andy McNamara added: “All football student-athletes involved in the incident have been disciplined and like the other students involved are subject to further discipline from the Dean of Students.”

Further discipline from the Dean of Students! You know what that means!!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He must have been the one who dumped the bucket of snow. They got that old professor good.

http://www.businessinsider.com/university-of-oregon-snowball-fight-video-2013-12

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You'd be watching a Baylor-Missouri Cotton Bowl had Texas won.

Draft saved Draft deleted