1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football BLOGS!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pete Incaviglia, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Pimping my own: Darryl Slater, hired by yours truly to fill the huge shoes left by me on the Virginia Tech beat, does a very readable, entertaining blog. Our great frustration for the longest time at the TD was our blogs (I called them extra because I hate the word "blog") were impossible to find. They're doing a better job with that now so I hope Darryl and the others get more readers.

http://www.mytimesdispatch.com/index.php/sports/category/Virginia%20Tech/

Darryl is another Syracuse product. I ought to start charging Syracuse for endorsing the school. Chico Harlan was our intern the year before Darryl and he's covering the Nats for the Post (poor guy). After Darryl came Michael Becker, who just got the Angels beat for the Riverside paper.
    Adam Kilgore, recently the VT writer for the Post, never worked for us but I'll plug him anyway. Great guy who does a terrific job - and he's moving to the Globe to cover the Red Sox next month.
    That's at least three recent Syracuse grads on baseball beats.

Draft saved Draft deleted