1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football access

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Hammer Pants, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Man, there's nothing better than when the NCAA makes basketball coaches open up their locker rooms during the tournament when the majority don't allow it during the season. You know they're steaming as some TV moron is tripping over bags and falling over walk-ons while trying to get his shot.

There goes all that control they've lorded over the media all season. Priceless.

2. Few things bother me more than this. Maybe it's in their job description somewhere, to loosely monitor what everybody's talking about and report back. Easy answer for me: Take a short walk with the guy and don't stop until you're out of earshot. The kid usually seems to appreciate being away from everybody, too.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Even that usually won't work, because it's usually four or five reporters for every player. It's also regimented and choreographed: strict time limits, and they give him a school shirt to slip over whatever he's wearing, and they put him in a chair. Behind the chair: a backdrop with school logo (and corporate logo).

Walking around to get away from the SID staff? Ha!

I wish.

Draft saved Draft deleted