1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 9/2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Sep 2, 2006.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Trust me, this is NOTHING. Oregon has 4 jerseys, 4 pants, 3 helmets, to be worn in different combinations. Virtually all of them look significantly worse than what they are wearing right now.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I thought I was covering a horeshit I-AA game, but it turned into one of the more entertaining games I've seen in a while. I'll be sitting at home with a nice bottle of red wine tonight for GT-ND though. :D

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

What, you don't think Oregon's TuffSkin patches on their knees and shoulders are "tight?"

Fouts, an Oregon grad, segues to obligatory puff piece on Oregon's uniforms. What neither he nor Arute say is that every single combination is hideous and that the "Bellotti font" for their numbers looks as if it was designed by the Flintstones.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I hated the patches until I saw the new urine-colored helmets. They make the patches look sharp.

I'm just hoping they come to their senses and wear the green helmets all year.

6. micropolitan guy

Don't hold your breath. They're talking about wearing black pants, the base color of their arch-rival. Don't expect we'll see Cal wearing cardinal pants or the Cougs in purple tops.

BTW, Oregon's offense looks pretty impressive. If Stewart stays healthy, which he's never done, he could be a load.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

BTW, Oregon's offense looks pretty impressive. If Stewart stays healthy, which he's never done, he could be a load.

He has played one season of college football. "Never" makes is seem like he has been injured for 3-4 years. The kid is a bitch and future 1st round pick.

[/quote]

8. micropolitan guy

He had a history of nagging injuries in high school as well, son.

9. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

I leave for the game WAY too early because you never know how traffic is going to be. I beat most of the traffic and now I'm here hours early with only SJ and Ebay to entertain me.

I am 5-for-5 so far in my pick 'em -- thanks Vandy D.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

son? Fuck off.

7800 and 95 td's in HS. Must not of missed too many games.

11. If that first Cal play from scrimmage had broken all the way, does Phil get canned at halftime?
    (Paul Maguire all season? Yoikes.)

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Maguire is pathetic.

Draft saved Draft deleted