1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 9/2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

One of my headline pet peeves. How do we know he's ready? Almost every time I see that word in a headline, I think, on what basis are we saying he/they is/are ready? We'll find out, won't we? But we don't know now.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Somewhere Idaho could be happy. The Vandals trail 24-17, but only 2 minutes left in the fourth and MSU inside the 15.

3. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

OK, it took me all of one segment on a pregame show to become really annoyed with "ESPN on ABC."

Was it really necessary to dump the ABC Sports brand name?

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Who else is covering a horse shit game tonight? Who else is covering a horse shit game next week when Texas-OSU is on?

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

This Grambling/Hampton game is pretty interesting in overtime. An enjoyable ending taking place.

Okay, I know that Ga Tech, Florida State, and Miami have good games already going on this weekend. I know Maryland and Va Tech have dog ass games this weekend. And Pitt plays UVA at a different time. But what wise guy decided that UNC and Rutgers should be on TV? Come on, ABC!

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

If this interesting Grambling-Hampton game runs into the start of Penn State-Akron, central Pennsylvania is going to go apeshit.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

So much for that.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Blocked extra point! And now fans from Redneckville to Reading, Pa can breathe a sigh of relief. I hate Penn State.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

We'll put you down for that. See ya at the BCS. :p

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Pam Ward PbP. TV sound off. XM radio feed on.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Holy shit, I didn't think that Oregon's uniforms could ever get worse ... Nike, you prove me wrong every year. ::)

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

good god, the dogs looked like shit. could be a long year in athens. 8-4. ugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted