1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 9/2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Sep 2, 2006.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

MITCH MUSTAIN IS A GOD! A GOD I TELL YOU! BOW DOWN AND PRAISE THE ALMIGHTY MUSTAIN!!!!

2. pallister

pallister Guest

You can't use all caps on this board and spell all the words correctly.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

KU won. Granted, it was Northwestern State. But they didn't do what Colorado did, which is all that matters for me.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Kansas still has a football team?

In all seriousness, I'm surprised Mizzou won yesterday. They have a bad habit of losing to podunk schools like Murray State and Belmont in their opener or early in the season.

On Arkansas: It will be interesting to see if Johnson keeps his starting role or if they bring in Mustain to start now. He did have a pretty good play against the second team defense of USC.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Don't pin hoops losses on the football team.

Mizzou will win the B12 North this year. I'll be back in December to gloat.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Wow...Duke, Colorado and New Mexico all fell. Is this the year of the I-AA?

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I dunno ... D-II Bloomsburg was missing its A-A tailback and had James Madison totally on the ropes last night before losing 14-3.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I can't tell if that's sacrasm or not, playing off the "Year of the mid-major" that the 2006 NCAA hoops tournament was supposed to be.

But ... no. When all the interdivisional games are played the score will be about 1_A 75, I-AA 3, or abouts.

Each upset had a major factor working in the I-AA's favor.

New Mexico is breaking in a new OC (Bob Toledo) who (I've been told) has totally revamped the Lobos system. They're struggling with it. PSU has an established system and a ton of talented transfers.

Duke lost it's projected starting QB.

Boise State has a brand-new coach ands staff.

Then again, Hawkins has no excuse losing to Montana State, which is breakig in a new QB. Richmond started a new QB also.

Maybe "Hawk Love" is a bucket of BS, and it's obvious Duke sucks at football.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If it is, then Duke would have won.

10. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Louisville looks GOOD.
    Granted, it's against Kentucky, but 21-0 in the first qtr is impressive.

FSU 17, Miami 13
    just a prediction for tomorrow

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

No reason to gloat. I'm a big Mizzou fan. I grew up 30 minutes from Mizzou and have always been a big fan. I just get tired of the mediocrity sometimes.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

They just showed a Kentucky fan holding a sign "We're going to lose big" and pretending to cry, and the pbp guy started laughing. It was pretty funny.

Louisville is going unbeaten during the regular season.

Draft saved Draft deleted